Tuesday, March 13, 2007

in the beginnnning......

Yeah so, after rubbishing blogging as a pointless exercise, here I am typing my first entry. I think I should have some type of diary and this is what all the 'hip' people do,(listen to me, sounding like my dad).

I have had conversations about how one should blog, what is important, what is normal, making it significant and all that, but really, who gives a damn. Its not going to be written for people to read. I have a lot of pointless crap in my head and there is nowhere else for it to go. Given the nature of my mental condition, (I am me, what more can I say) I am expecting a succession of meandering, half baked, conceptual mumbo that starts with a good premise and descends into the hum-drum blog we all know and love (I wouldn't have rubbished blogging if I hadn't read a few first.)

I don't hope to offer advice for life, listen to "wear sunscreen" (Advice, like youth, is probably wasted on the young. Mary Schmich.), or Desiderata if you are after such. But should I talk about life, or more specifically MY life, I may find some solace within the writing of the blog, and that is my goal. I'm not going to get into anything meaty right now but feel I must in future, as this, should be monumental, to me, at the very least.

I could set privacy things and all that but again this random succession of electronic 1's and 0's could be all that is left of me when I die...how long before they delete the blog if I don't write? and its probably fitting that we all etch our mark on this world in anyway we can! It is for this reason that graffiti has merit (not 'graffiti bridge' Prince, clearly). Public beautifiers beware, you could be removing part of humankind's continuing essence. Dissatisfaction and unrest are documented in this way...yes even the "Chris is gay" on the back of the toilet door is to be respected for this reason. Perhaps Chris is indeed gay but what compelled the author to inform us. hate, humour, spite and bile...where else can they have expression, and what should we learn whilst defecating other than this.

I am glad I've taken this step, as small as it is...i just don't know if there will be another, or even if there should be another. I would also like to wish everyone who has started a blog today the very best of luck with it. you don't need encouraging because its all handsome enough. Live like Zorro...leave your mark where you go (but don't necessarily shag Catherine Zeta Jones, unless you are Mr Douglas and then you may feel free, hi Mike, thanks for reading).

PS the Rigveda from whence the blog gets its nomenclature is a sacred Vedic (early basis for the Hindu faith) text that deals with such things as the proforma of sacrifice to the gods. that means something when related to my bilge, but i am not sure what, just yet...
Mr Pat.

No comments: