Saturday, September 15, 2012

Him that has control of departure, that has control of coming home, return, and turning in, that shepherd do I also call.


Given all of the other stuff that’s going on, that perhaps it is not wise to enquire after (feel free to do so - the prayer box is on the right of your screen), my main concern is you. Oy vey, as Yoda is prone to intone (yeah, I like it too).

And yet, if you knew what was coming (and you must have, to be still reading); you would be glad you persevered. I promised you that I would....you heard it here first.

Remember, I love you; in no small way, because you, are me too.

You, therefore, have to love me, because; well, I am you – and I do (that one’s for you Barney).

Being god is far too easy.

“I’m not a Woman, I’m not a man; I am something that you’ll never understand”; Prince Rodgers Nelson.

I want to look at the collective works of man that have become the word of g-d and tease out the main reason why they became the word of g-d. They became the word(s) of g-d because, as I stated earlier, they are those gems of wisdom that we have concluded are so brilliant, the inspiration for their delivery is assigned to g-d (and perhaps the psychiatric/drug induced delusions of grandeur or the deicidal remorse of the authors).

But it isn’t the word of g-d, unless each and every one of us is g-d. People invented language, people write stuff down; the mere existence of Copts, Protestants, Rastafarians, Theravadins and Mahayanist, and the numerous traditions of Hinduism, proves that religious scripture and interpretation of scripture are the work of man. No rational omnipotence would confuse the issue of worship and divine word so chaotically and irresponsibly – particularly when the outcomes of such lassitude are genocide and jihad, amongst other things.

Allow me some circumlocution. What goes around, comes around, I promise.

I’ve just returned from the beach, my dog loves it. Frolicking in the sea is so much more fun than guarding the underworld; sandy fur is a bugger to dry, he never keeps his eternally damned heads still.

Anyway, the tide was coming in and I caught the time between times (the sun did set and the full moon rise, quite special; though I say it myself). I thought briefly to resist the tide and show Canute the error of his ways but I thought of this post and wondered....

How many religions have, rather than oppress and subdue, embraced the will of evolving thought; just as I must adjust my footing in retreat of the inexorable rise of the sea?

I enquired recently of a Sephardi (Spanish(ish – g-d it’s complicated, no I mean really complicated and I don’t want to be dismissive of the pain – but perhaps it isn’t simply phonetic that 80% of Spain is pain; (Islam, are you with me? Catholics, sorry, it’s probably still too raw for you (nested brackets eh?) Now, just what were we discussing? Oh yeah,)) Jew, if generally the Jewish people are embracive of Rastafarianism or indifferent to it. She felt that embracive was probably fairer to say.

 I suppose one could argue that Judaism is not a reasonable faith to make the enquiry, on the basis of; given the historical dispersal and ‘wandering (ness)’ of the noble Hebrew (what? I owe them for the flag to the right, OK?) 

I like the word embracive. They do embrace much, and I like them (but I’m not choosing them, you understand); they have a seasoned outlook on life, and it is proper to respect their devotion. As a people they have managed to protect a heritage and provide genuine custodial care of a covenant with g-d spanning millennia of human history. And they believe in magic.

 It is for this reason, in what is generally a sacrilegious blog, that I refer to g-d as such for this post. They have anti-Zionists, and when you think about the breadth of that particular story (and the promise they believe Israel represents) that is pretty amazing.

No, this blog shouldn’t be about bashing the traditions and beliefs of people just pointing out the error of the final conclusion they reach – burning bush indeed; Moses was a stoner.

But come all ye faithful, there is no room away from the inn (imagine trekking all the way to Bethlehem only to find out there was no requirement to return to their ancestral town – bloody Romans, they didn’t even record that particular census either!) This god won’t turn you away. This god makes it clear – you are welcome here.

The inn is a veritable TARDIS, my children. Whatever it is you believe, there is room for that here (do unto others....yadda, yadda...and a room aside for the masochists and their sadistic companions, etcetera.)

However we are here to narrate (and I would discuss but the prayer box is malfunctioning, I will return your prayers. Do a god a favour though, will you? Leave some kind of contact info. Yes, I understand you need to believe I know everything (and truly, I do)), but;

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness; 2 Corinthians 12:9

Show me your weakness and use the prayer box to the right – I promise not to bite (please don’t pray for biting).

As the years go by it gets easier to fake you out with promises; that said it won’t be a million miles before the next post.

You heard it here first.
(Yes, You)

Mr Pat.

No comments: